Sunday, June 8, 2014

Love Art Mixed Media canvas

Hey, my dear blog friends! Oh, I just can't believe that our summer break officially started two days ago. We are so excited for all the coming summer activities and traveling. I think Natalie and Christopher are going to have so much fun.

Speaking of fun, this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Chellenge, we challenge you to use "Paint". Whether you go acrylic or water, gesso or colorful, base layer or finishing touch – we all love a bit of paint in our creations! From stenciling to backgrounds there are so many techniques and so much that can be done with paint! I am sure you'll have lots of fun!

I was inspired by my old paintbrushes and created this 8" X 10" mixed media canvas.


I love painting and my inspiration this week was from three old paintbrushes that I used on my previous mixed media projects but don't use them anymore.

 
I first stenciled a mosaic heart using Simon Says Stamp stencil and Modeling Paste on the canvas, then I applied various colors of Distress Paints on the heart.


Distress Paints can also be applied on the metal. I glued the Prima metal embellishment and used Tim Holtz rub-on on the metal clip after the Distress Paints on the clip was dry.

Before I attached those beautiful Prima Flowers, I also colored the background and distressed the edges of the canvas with Distress Paints.


I hope you enjoyed my first summer project with all these vibrant colors.


Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate that you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^





 

30 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty!! love mosaic heart and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was half asleep when I sat down, but just opened your post and now all my senses are alive and ready to craft! Holy wow, chica. This canvas is unbelievable. It's just oozing with amazing inspiration. LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to seeing your new projects. You've got such an amazing eye for colour - I luv luv luuuuv it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley goergeous, Meihsia! Love the colors and design. :)
    Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your canvas with the brushes, very awesome idea!! Great colors and the background with the heart is gorgeous too. This is a gorgeous piece of art!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I just love the beautiful heart and the texture. Gorgeous colors and such a lightness and airy beauty to your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning Meishia..I love the colours and textures and the cluster of old brushes and flowers is brilliant..beautiful work.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is gorgeous. I love all those vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The old brushes are a fabulous addition. So clever and completely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous canvas! Love the design & mosaic elements :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really amazing. In addition to all the colors you are going on, there is such a wonderful mix of textures. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Stunning! LOVE how you used that mosaic heart stencil and those paintbrushes are fantastic. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply ingenious work! I love it that you've used your brushes. Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is simply AMAZING Meihsia!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your canvas is so bright and cheerful, Meihsia! Love it, and the brushes are so fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been so creative using your old paintbrushes for this canvas! What a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous piece and I love how it is oh-so-personal for you. Love the bold heart. And I lived in Plano for awhile back in the 80s :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This canvas is very very fabulous with great elements, I especially love the amazing heart.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mosaic heart is wonderful! I want this stencil!!!! Your piece is so full of summer , colorful and happiness! FAntastic!!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is sick!!!! How can I not love this!!! Meihsia you are rare!! This is so beautiful!!! Love it!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME!!! Love the paintbrushes, the hearts, the color, the flowers! So so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow this is mixed media at its best, but still so beautifully girly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. An absolutely stunning piece of artwork and I love how you've used the paintbrushes as embellishments...just fabulous, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful! Love how you upcycled your paintbrushes! The bold and bright color combination is awesome! So fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful piece!! Love the paintbrushes and the multi-coloured heart.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cool. Love how you incorporated the brushes

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I love this so much! Those brushes are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete