Sunday, May 11, 2014

M is for Mixed Media Art Journal - Rainy Day

M is for ___ - So what will you create? M could stand for the month of May, mist, markers, magenta, mowed lawn, metal, millinery, a masculine project, mounted stamps….

M is for Mixed Media - this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this week's challenge theme.

 
I love to sit by the window and watch the raindrops falling through the window. Especially in spring, I also love to listen to the sound of the rain on the roof. Inspired by the rainy day, I created these mixed media art journal pages this week.


To create the background patterns on these pages, I sprayed Color Shine over the mini bricks stencil. The watercolor effect was created with Izink inks and water mixture. It's fun to see the ink mixture running on the paper just like raindrops falling throung the window.

 
To create the two buildings with windows, I pasted the crinkled wrapping paper on one piece of grunge paper and the decorative trim on another piece of grunge paper.  

 
These panels were colored with Alcohol Inks and covered with crackled paints.
 

 








The edges of these two pages were stamped with Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamp and distressed with Colorbox Melon Blends by Eileen Hull.
 
 
Supply List:

Join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for t his week's challenge to win a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.
I really appreciate that you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful day and happy crafting!
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 
 

25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mixed media! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meihsui, your pages are wonderful and I love how you created those doors - how clever! Beautiful colour tones. As we have had non-stop rain for days here in the UK, your beautiful pages have brought a little sunshine! Thank you. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Love the background and those wonderful doors. Beautiful happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meihsia, what a beautiful mixed media project! Love all the textures and those doors are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous art journaling pages! I love the handwritten embellishing and the tutorial pics are awesome!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous mixed media art journal !!! I love and also a big fan of your work Meihsia ... always find something inspirational here! Thanks...hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful textures!! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Meihsia
    Love, love those panels you created, such fantastic texture, once again very inspiring.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. A house of crumpled paper and the other of lace...that makes me SOOO happy!! Your pages are like reading the best novels...always filling me with anticipation . Love your techniques and how the fun you have just oozes off of your work!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x
    ps...rainy days are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages! I love the scene you created, the buildings are so cool and I love the filmstrip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic mixed media! I love the fabulous design and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rainy day mixed media page is darling. You've created a wonderful and imaginative place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page! i love so much your tutorial, you are so creative! Amazing colors as always! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you've got the texture into those beautiful apartment blocks! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, you are a master of color. Second, you make me want to live in the houses on this page. Third, I love rain too but never ever see it because I live in the desert. I'll just have to come visit this page anytime I need a rainy day fix.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pages are beautiful and you've incorporated so much gorgeous texture with such wonderful colours. It's such an imaginative piece and for someone who loves rain too...it's just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a marvelous piece. I love how you transformed the rectangles into dwellings with the Tim Holtz dies. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to see mixed media in soft pastels - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual ... what a beautiful MM.... so inspiring indeed ... Loving the colors too.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your art journal pages are wonderful! I love their soft colors of the backgrounds and then the burst of color from the buildings. I love rain, too and your finished product inspired by the rain is wonderful. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can see the rainy window panes in your journalling. Beautifully inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Breathtakingly lovely, Meihsia - the textures and colours on your buildings are just beautiful, and I love the whole raindrops and windows theme... these pages are completely wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pages are gorgeous! I am always stunned by your mastery of materials and techniques. Your pieces are always so fresh and inspiring. In fact, I've bought a lot of products that you've used in the hopes of using some similar techniques. LOVE these buildings and really am impressed by how you used the lace. Another materpiece, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous!!! So much lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete