Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's a Journey

Hi, my dear blog friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekend. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we'd love to see your JOURNEY - whether it's about your own creative journey, process, life in general, or your next vacation. This word is so inspiring, and conjures up so many images and thoughts we can’t wait to see how you interpret the challenge.

I created the mixed media cover of a mini canvas album for my vacation.

I love traveling and documenting my journey in a trip journal. This week, I decide to alter the cover of this Maya Road 4" X 4" Canvas Album Book with some mixed media elements to record my vacation.


To start this project, I took off the cover from the album because it's easier to apply mediums on the surface of this canvas cover.



The Mod Podge was applied on the cover to protect the surface. It is also a great gel medium to adhere the embellishments.


Use a pallet knife to apply the modeling paste on the surface to create the texture.


I then sprayed Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist and dropped Izink ink on the background.




The Prima Flowers and vintage trinkets were attached to add more interest on this canvas album.


Hope you like my creation and are inspired to create something fun and beautiful for your journey.
Supply List: 
Please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. As always Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^



18 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia,
    Love the mixed media and your interpretation of the word Journey. (I know I have had a hell of a journey with my Art.)
    You have always inspired me as your pieces are so unique and beautiful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely little album. Beautifully made! And I really enjoy s seeing your step photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation! I am so tempted to invest in these wonderful Izinks. I've been hearing a lot about them lately and they look terrific on your project! I love this little book so much I want to take it up in my hands. The flowers are just divine and I love the way they frame the text! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the background canvas and the beautiful rich colors with the flowers and papers around the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooooooo gorgeous and rich looking! Love how you made this cover!
    Love your key project to.....so, so pretty! I always enjoying coming here to see your stunning projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your album cover is beautiful! I love the background you created and your embellishments are wonderful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing album, Meihsia! Love the definition! So fitting for it! The flowers around it are so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mixed media cover! I love the idea of framing the definition of 'vacation' for a trip album :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Meihsia! What a gorgeous album cover! Love the beautiful background that you created and all the fancy blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic album cover! WOW! Love the textures, colours and all the pretty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Meihsia and I love all the textures and the stunning backdrop to all the pretty embellishments. It's fabulous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're certainly not afraid of getting your fingers inky and a messy space, and your efforts are SO worth it, I love the style you've created for this mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meihsia...Your album cover is brilliant! I love the crackled look you've gotten with the fabric cover. The muted colors peeking out from under the white wash is very striking. All of the elements you centered on your cover look so wonderful I love the layered flowers and the bits of metal you've added. So pretty! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meishia this cover album is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful work with different inks! I love Izink !!!! Fantastic project! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cover looks amazing and I appreciate the tut too. Those flowers are so pretty and all of the Tim goodies just pop on this. :) It's fabulous Meihsia! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG..you make me smile!!! I'm in a trance...this is beautiful Meihsia :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is especially incredible! I'm always amazed at your creations, but this one really "spoke to me," as cheesy as that sounds. I have that exact same album and have had no idea of what to do with it, so I was doubly impressed at how you totally transformed it. Thanks for the stunning eye candy as well as the step-by-step instructions of how you brought it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is GORGEOUS! You have such a way with texture... I wish I could touch it!

    ReplyDelete