Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tick Tock

Hi, there, my dear friends, we're having a winter storm with snow, sleet and freezing rain today, but it was almost 80 degree yesterday, can you believe that? Hope you all stay warm.

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Chellenge, our DT member Sandra challenges us to be inspired by TIME. From clocks to gears to challenging yourself to create a project in a specific amount of time – the choice is up to you.

I was inspired to create a canvas using some clock face and gears this week.

 
I took this photo of my children hugging and playing in the snow last year and I loved it. So I decided to create this canvas using this photo.


To make the textures on this piece, I embossed some clock patterns with the Sizzix Pocket Watch Embossing Foler and Core'dinations Distress Cardstock, then pasted them on the background with modeling paste.

 
After coloring the background with various shades of Gelatos, I decorated the photo with Prima Flowers Vintage Clock Face and some Prima Flowers. A thin layer of white Gesso was applied to soften the colors of Gelatos on the background.


The Faber-Castell Stampers Big Brush Pens were used to highlight the embellishments and make them dimensional.




Supply List:

As awlays, Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight.

Don't forget to play with us for the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Good luck!

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and hope you all have a great day!

Happy crafting! Meihsia ^_^


 

22 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,a stunning piece of work.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done it again girl. You blew my socks off with this stunning piece. The colours and textures are gorgeous. And that adorable photo. Wooow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Asia...everything about this is stunning!!! Oh and I'm so getting me some of those geletos...

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! What a great photo of the children and I love how you framed it. Gorgeous colours and textures, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is such a fantastic photo, the kids look so happy, it needed to be framed,I love the tip to put the paste on the back to hold the embossing,love the beautiful soft colors, perfect embellishments, another outstanding piece, I am going to play with my gelato's again this week can't wait I love my gelatos, thanks for them and thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful week ((( BIG HUGS)))..

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such a way with soft colors and textures! GORGEOUS, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love how you framed your photo with the clock face. The background is stunning with the shades of color softened with the gesso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. I love how the hearts pop against the subtly coloured backdrop. Love how you framed the photo too. Truly stunning. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is delicious and looks good enough to eat! Seriously, it's eye candy to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet photo and a gorgeous way to archive it!

    I love all the texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is simply stunning! Unbelievably gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project Meihsia! Love all the texture and beautiful color palette! Such a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sensational work Meihsia!
    I always wonder where you find all these great ideas?!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good grief.....GORGEOUS!! I'm a sucker for clock faces and these are just THE best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Meihsia. It's just sensational and I adore all the details showcasing that super cute photo! Everything about this piece, is just beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fabulous!!! Love the textured look of the background and how every little detail has been softened down, but still is very visible when looking more closely. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely stunning! You are so skilled with all sorts of mixed media elements and I am constantly amazed at your knowledge of different techniques. I love how you combined soft and bold colors on this. It is an exquisite frame for the photo, yet the photo is still at the heart of it all. Gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

  18. This is a beautiful mixed media piece. It's soft and romantic, yet artistic too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. An amazing mixed media piece with incredible colors and a fantastic photo! Really a great piece! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is such an amazing piece of work...i totally love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty, Meihsia! Love the textures and the clocks with the gears! The picture is really sweet! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Meihsia - there's something magical about the colours here - the snowy texture and then those hits of cherry red, and the cool blues just barely there. Lovely photo - and the clock numbers make the perfect frame. Beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete