Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lucky is a State of Mind

Did you enjoy your spring break? My dear blog friends. We travel every year during spring break to celebrate Christopher's birthday which is on March 12th, but not this year. Instead of birthday trip, we held a birthday party for him. I feel lucky that it's much easier to hold a kids birthday party than plan and have a trip - kids had lots of fun as there were on a trip but parents are much more relaxed.

Speaking of lucky, this week, at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, our theme is "Just My Luck". Are you down on your luck? Perhaps you found your lucky rainbow and pot of gold? Do you feel like today is, quite simply, your lucky day? Whatever your mood and however you’d like to interpret this challenge – we couldn’t resist having a lucky challenge since this challenge falls on St. Patrick’s Day!

I was inspired to create a canvas and I believe that lucky is a state of mind.


I believe that being lucky is determined by the state of mind. If we maintain peace of mind with smile on our face even in tought times, life will be much easier.


I started this project with applying Gesso on the 4" x 4" canvas and pasting patterned paper on it. The paper pad I used here on this project is Authentique Essentials collection.


The background was colored with Gelatos, and I created the texture with Prima Flowers Arrowhead Stencil and Modeling Paste.



I  love the beautiful and creamy colors of Gelatos and use them a lot on lots of my mixed media projects. 



To give the background of the canvas more layers of color, I added the Zing embossing powder and heat embossed it. Then a layer of Gesso was added to soften the shade.



As always, I have to have some Prima Flowers and Tim Holtz embellishments on my creation. Here I attached some Trinidad Labelle paper flowers, a vintage trinket and a Curio knob on this canvas. 





Supply List:



Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher as usual that will go to a random entry and you might be the lucky winner. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stopping by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful day.

Meihsia ^_^




26 comments:

  1. I love 'watching'your Art come together Meihsia...the end result is so beautiful.Love the textures and colours and thoe flowers are gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canvas is absolutely stunning hun. The colours are really eye catching and the whole canvas looks so romantic and elegant. Fabulous! Happy St. Patty's Day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss Meihsia this is gorgeous, stunning, fantastic, I doooo love it, your a master with your art, thanks for sharing have a wonderful St Patty's day, ((( BIG HUGS)))..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Love what you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Canvas! The mix of pinks and yellow is so spring and lucky is definitely a state of mind and what a beautiful representation of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meihsia,
    This is pretty as can be, soft colors and great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty canvas, the colors are gorgeous!!! Thank you for the step-by-step also Meihsia for your kind visit on my blog too on my project for the previous challenge. :) Crafty hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful Meihsia. The background is gorgeously textured and I love all your pretty glam embellishment. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I believe that lucky is a state of mind and I think we often create our own luck. Your canvas is beautiful, I love the colour of the background and those gorgeous flowers and embellishments. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic canvas! The background is really beautifull and cute details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, luck is most definitely a state of mind. I consider myself lucky to have found Crafty Blogland and artists like yourself. Your creativity always brightens my day and gives me such a boost. This is lovely work again, Meihsia. Your use of Gelatos is really winning me over. I want to research these and try to build up my own collection. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    A wonderful mixed media piece. The embossing powder was a great way to achieve texture. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glorious little canvas, wonderful backdrop and colours. Glorious flowers too. Happy St Patrick's Day. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute canvas, Meihsia! Love your style so much! Really pretty! Happy St. Patricks Day! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with your philosophy on luck, Meihsia! Also your canvas is absolutely gorgeous!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful canvas and awesome tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous piece and I love your interpretation of the theme! "Lucky" really is a state of mind and I'm so glad you reminded me to have gratitude in my heart for all that I have been given. The soothing colors you used really conveyed that sense of mental piece. Your work is always thoughtful as well as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette and beautiful blossoms! Hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous canvas Meihsia! Love the pretty color palette and beautiful blossoms! Hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful canvas and such a wonderful interpretation of the theme Meihsia...I just adore everything about this piece and that background is to die for!! Have a great week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Spring is here! your canvas is totally amazing and your tutorial is wonderful! thanks for sharing with us! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful canvas! Wonderful textures and colours as always. The curio knob adds a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love looking at your process Meihsia and the tropical gelatos are SO pretty. I just bought some and can't wait to play now. LOVE your canvas and your message, your right a smile does make everything better. :) Have a great day, hugs Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous canvas...i love how you create textures for a dimensional look...this is just so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome background on this little canvas! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Scrumptious texture in that background - and I love how the layer of gesso muted the vibrant colours to shabby chic loveliness. Gorgeous little canvas!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete