Sunday, March 9, 2014

D is for Distress

Today at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challegne, we love to see "Distress". From inking edges brown to Tim Holtz distress products, sanding paper to aging with tea stain – how will you distress? This week we challenge you to embrace all things distress – and have fun!

I decorated a jumbo clothpin with distress products to hold my notes.  

 
I've always wanted a jumbo clothpin to hold my notes on the desk. This week, I decided to decorate a 9" clothpin that I purchased at a local craft store with some distress products.

 
After applying a thin layer of Gesso on this wooden clothpin, I created some texture using modeling paste and sequin waste, then dabbed with Tim Holtz Distress Paint to distress the edges.


Another layer of distress paint was applied to created the distressed effect on the edges of this jumbo clothpin.

 
Of course I had to attach my favorite embellishments - Prima Flowers on it. The Tim Holtz Paper Distresser was also used to alter the aged look of my note card. I had some simple doodling around on the note card using Faber-Castell Artist Pen and coloring with Smooch Ink.
 
 
The American Crafts chipboard stickers and Prima Flowers metal embellishements were glued on the clothpin.

Supply List:
Hope you are inspired and join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher and you might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Have fun!
Thank you for stopping by. Happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^




 

29 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and it just goes to show that distress does not have to be brown or grungy! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I like this! Such a neat idea! The way you decorated this looks so pretty! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really love what you have creaetd!! absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this Distress challenge over SSS blog and loved it! Your photo tutorial is awesome, Meihsia! Adore that background with the Gesso and Distress Stains! And thank you for your kind comment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miss Meihsia, what a brilliant idea, I have one of those, I love how you decorated it the colors are beautiful, the flowers are gorgeous, love the Eiffel tower, thanks for all the inspiration and for sharing, hope you have a wonderful week..((( BIG HUGS)))..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Meihsia..love the colours and textures and the embellies are gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cloth pin, Meihsia! Love the blueish green color! The flowers are really pretty too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a gorgeous clothespin! I love the embellishments and the texture!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project Meihsia! Love all the texture and those beautiful blossoms! The little card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out amazing (as usual)! My friend actually just gave me a jumbo clothespin and I had no idea how to spruce it up, but you've just given me plenty of inspiration! Thanks for always showing the incredible steps in your creative processes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for sharing your beautiful project with us Meihsia! You always inspire me ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your clothespin.
    Gorgeous idea to decorate the scraproom.
    Great color! you work very well!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your giant clothespin Meisha, this is such a cool idea! I adore the texture you added underneath those gorgeous colours, - the embellishments just finish it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good heavens! That is a stunner of a project, Meishia. I have giant clothespin that is screaming for some attention now. Thank you for sharing this.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous and girly! I love the colors and textures you put together. Thank you for showing us how you did it!
    Have a great day,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meihsia...your vintage clothespin is so pretty. Love your signature pastel colors that you have used on this. The yellow and blues are striking. This piece just gues to show that vintsge doesn't necessarily mean brown! Thanks for the sweet comment you left ony blog as well. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet! You did a wonderful job with this clothespin re-do. I love the bright and cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your giant clothespin Meihsia, it's just so pretty and all the embellishments just take it to another level. Fantastic project and so beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! Love the blue and all the texture as well as those great chipboard pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning piece! your clothespin giant brings to mind summer, fresh and sparkling decorations are so lovely, blue and green in all shades are my favourite colors, your work is really a dip in the blue ocean! BARbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic altered clothes pin!! Love the happy colour and great embellishments you used. That little card is so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is so, so pretty! I have always loved the idea of those giant clothespins but never really knew how to make them cool - thanks for the great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic use of the products and such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Most beautiful clothes pin I've ever seen! Gorgeous alteration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So gorgeous - I love the painty colours and textures on the pin itself (keeping an eye out to get my hands on a giant one like this)... and the embellishing is lovely... Brilliant make again, Meihsia!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see lots of gorgeous on this post and that was the first word that popped into my head too! I love the soft colors the shabby chic details. The little tag off the top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is lovely. Lovin the blues.

    ReplyDelete