Sunday, February 9, 2014

Love Stamps and Doodling

Hey, my dear blog friends, it's time to have a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We are sure almost everyone who reads my blog or Simon Says Stamp blog loves stamps. It is Valentine’s week and this is your chance to jump in and join us – whether you use a favorite technique or create a project featuring your favorite stamp – make your stamped project, share with us, and have fun!


I wanted to make a Valentine wall decor for my daughter Natalie so I used Simon's New Valentine Stamp and Claudine Hellmuth Foam Stamps to create this mixed media canvas. I always love to mix and play with some new stamps and some old stamps that I seldom used recently.


After I roughly drew a girl image on the watercolor paper, I cut and pasted it on the canvas. I colored the image and the background with Gelatos and Gesso. You may click here or here to see how I used Gelatos to color on canvas or watercolor paper.


 
To make a chalkboard sign for the girl to hold, I stamped the Simon Says New Valentine Stamp then heat embossed it on the black cardstock. The background was stamped using foam stamps and Colorbox Paintbox Chalk Inkpad.


 
I love the beautiful sentiment and these cute background stamped patterns.



Supply List:



Please join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for this fun challenge by using your favorite stamps. Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Enjoy!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=199868&u=865514&m=24698&urllink=&afftrack=
I can't wait to see what you will come up with your stamps. Thank you for dropping by. Hope you all have a great day!
Meihsia ^_^



31 comments:

  1. Beautiful... Love this kind of thing! :)
    Have a sweet day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More amazing art from you, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeek! Super duper cute, Meihsia! Your little girl will love this for sure!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet and lovely! Your daughter is sure to love it! Your hand drawn girl is adorable. Love the soft effect of your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Meihsia!!! Your daughter will love this and cherish it I'm sure. Such pretty colors. :) Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your rich colors on this page! Very well designed and artistic. I enjoy your work and the last set of cards are beautiful as well!
    Have a wonderful day,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just adore every single thing about your canvas, from the colours you've chosen to use, to the image you've drawn...it's just beautiful, Meihsia!! Hope you have a great week! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and original design. I'm sure you daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! This is sooo adorable! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Meihsia,
    You are moving into an area where your artistic talent is developing beautifully, you always surprise me!
    This canvas is just delightful, the immediate feeling is one of simplicity, but on closer inspection it is far more interesting, the girl you have drawn is unique, and juxtaposes well with the whimsicality of the background.
    As our sentiment says 'simply wonderful.'
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh wow, Meihsia! This is amazing! Love the sweet girl and the canvas is so pretty embellished! Fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo sweet Meihsia and artistically brilliant too! Your daughter is going to be thrilled for sure. A Knockout valentine! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I really love how this turned out! Gorgeous painting and stenciling, the face is so sweet, she is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWzer Meihsia! Loving this MM... so beautiful ....Indeed this is inspiring ! You are amazing! Hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic canvas creation! I love the way you added texture to the background!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the whimsicality of this piece! I love the color palette, too, and especially liked the little bits of text paper you wove throughout the whole thing. So clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you colored the image. Lovely colors and so girly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just sooo creative and I love the chalkboard effect with the sentiment.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hay Meihsia

    Your creation will be such a delight for your daughter. Wow, I really don't know what to say. So original, unique and "out of the box" So glad I came to see!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your little girl - she's enchanting - and the whole piece is just lovely. What a wonderful piece of wall art - lucky Natalie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow....you're the one who is AWESOME!
    That's for sure! I love your canvas Mei!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those stamped images work so well with your focal image. She is adorable! Cute project, Meihsia. It has a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Meishia this project is so sweet! Your little girl is wonderful in every detail,and the background is fabulous! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  25. she is just fabulous! I love the way you drew her and the embellishments you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Meihsia...this is so adorable! I always love your soft color choices in your art. Your drawn and colored girl is so cute on your canvas. Love the colors you've used on her as well as the colors of your background. Your random stamping on the background is also very cute and that sentiment from the new Simon Says Valentine stamps really pops. Love it all! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your drawing and use of color. Thank you for shring.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Meihsia, this is so cute! I love your little girl and that gorgeous background. Gorgeous stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh how adorable Meihsia! That image is just darling and you really brought her to life!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this put a big smile on my face the first time I seen it.,..it's such a lovely piece to have...

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete