Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love Notes

Hi, my dear blog friends, hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Last week, we had so much fun spending time with our family for the Chinese New Year. This week, at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challengewith Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we are creating love letters. Will you make a card with heart? Create a journal entry about someone (or something) you love? Perhaps use vintage postage as your latest inspiration… whatever inspires you – we can’t wait to see your love letters!

I altered a burlap canvas with some sweet love notes on it.

This 6" X 6" burlap canvas was made for my husband for Valentine's Day.


I usually prepare the canvas or the burlap panel with a layer of Gesso. On this burlap panel, I also added the modeling paste with the palette knife to make the texture. 


Applying the Mix'd Media Inx pad directly on the background.


To make the heart, I embossed the red card stock with Sizzix Roses embossiing folder then die cut with the Sizzix heart die   After attaching the heart on the background with gel medium, I shaded it with PITT Big Brush Artist Pens. The glaze was applied on the heart to make the beautiful sheen. 

 

All the sentiments on Simon Says Clear Stamps Chalkboard Love Set are sweet so I picked three of them to make my love notes.



Supply List:


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's Love Letters challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!
I really appreciate that you stop by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^





27 comments:

  1. Hello Meihsia
    This little creation is very unique, quirky and clever, I love the hardware that you have incorporated into the design, soften up the overall effect with the soft Pink Bg and Heart.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas Meihsia, the texture is gorgeous and I love the heart focal piece and the shading around the edge. Great embellishments too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the wheel with the hanging beads. Love the different quotes and the bottlecaps with flowers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Meihsia oh my goodness this is out of this world, so creative, and gorgeous, I love the wheel with the beads, fantastic make, I love it, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS ))).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is soooooooo neat looking, so gorgeous! Love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful and so delicate and pretty Meihsia!! The texture on the background is amazing and I just love what you've created...it's stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meihsia...your love canvas is so pretty! I am such a fan of your work. And your sweet little Valentine card on your previous post is also just darling. Great tutorials, too! Thanks so much for the very nice comment you left on my blog. That means alot to me. Your little heart canvas with the pulley wheel and chain is such a clever idea! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous burlap canvas Meihsia! Love the textured heart, stamped sentiments and the great way in which you used that wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty canvas Meihsia! Love the textured background and the beautiful hearts! All the sentiments look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Meihsia - bet your hubby will love it. Those SS stamps are adorable. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh Meihsia this is such a beautiful burlap panel! Love the textures and the heart is so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and unique project. I love the way you incorporated the messages. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Absolutely love this background!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful Meihsia..love the textures and colours and the beads just add that elegant touch...beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful creation with great detail. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how this turned out! I especially liked the incorporation of the pulley with the bead strand. SO clever! I like how this is both man-worthy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous mixed media Valentine project for your husband! Love all the texture, beads, heart and sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so original and pretty, it's a great mix of feminine colors ans masculine details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cool - loving the textures and that fabulous looped chain is such a fantastic feature - brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning burlap canvas!I love mixed media style that you've used here! THe heart catch my eyes! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously Meihsia! I love this!!! So beautiful and so delicate... I heart the texture on the background! Simply stunning! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Meihsia,

    What a cool project. This is true art and creativity - and its useful too.

    So glad I came to see!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous and very original. I love the textures and details.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pinned!! What a fabulous project. Love all the techniques you used here and that pulley is amazing!! What a great piece for Valentines Day :)

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I appreciate them more than you will every know. Hope you are having a great weekend. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea for the TH wheel (just found some in my stash last night) Meihsia. Now I have another way to use them and I like the texture the burlap adds as well! Fabulous project!! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK - that is just the coolest use of that wheel that I have ever seen! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete