Sunday, January 5, 2014

Love Life Dream

Hey, friends, we’re back to kick off 2014 with our first challenge of the year at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Do you have the post holiday blues? Is it rainy and dreary where you live? Perhaps you’ve escaped to Blue Hawaii for a tropical fix! This week we’re all about things blue.

I always enjoys playing mixed media elements. This week I was inspired to create a burlap canvas wall decor with blue color scheme.



I had so much fun creating this wall decor since blue is one of my favorite colors.


The background of this canvas was covered with Gesso and some modeling paste for the textures. GelatosColor Shine and Distress Stain were used to create this beautiful blue color scheme.



I put lots of seed beads and some Prima flowers in these glass bottles.



The Prima Flower metal embellishments were attached on the background and colored with Ranger Dabbers and some Gesso as a final touch. 



Supply List:



Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's Blue challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

I really appreciate you stopping by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^



24 comments:

小花 said...

這真是美極了!^^

zishapot said...

三個晶瑩剔透的玻璃瓶裝著三個主題, 也是人生最美的三件事, 讚讚讚!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely STUNNING Meihsia...I love the little bottles and gorgeous blues..fabulous textures and beautiful design..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful Meihsia!! Love the blue textured background on the burlap. The bottles are so cute!

soapHOUSEmama said...

This is so totally gorgeous!!! Pinned :)

Candy C said...

Meihsia....this is such a lovely piece. You do such beautiful canvas work. Your colors are always so soft and feminine. I love the little bottles filled with the seed beads. Such a nice addition to an already lovely piece.I love the texture of the added metal pieces that you have painted over. So pretty and they give such nice detail as they melt into the canvas. Your little stems of flowers give me hope that spring is just around the corner as I sit in 9" of snow and below freezing temperatures this morning! <3 Candy

Katy said...

I just LOVE this piece! I love how you turned those little jars into vases. So creative! Beautiful! :)

sandi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the blue too! Fabulously put together!

MichelleZ said...

Very pretty! The small bits of pink really makes the blues "pop". Beautifully done!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous canvas, beautifully embellished. Love your layers of colour and pieces to add dimension and texture. Love how you have used blues , so delicately. Tracy x

Sandra said...

This is so pretty, Meihsia! I just love your own style! And the pink flowers are such a lovely contrast. Hugs, Sandra

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous!! I love the pops of pinks to brighten up the blues :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lynnda said...

Oh Meihsia! This canvas is so beautiful! You are so clever! Absolutely inspiring piece of work!...Totally adore this canvas to bits! You rock!.....

Where I am - is summer but past few days it has been wintry summer!...

Hugs....x

Sanja Grdinić said...

This is so beautiful. Design is amazing and all these pretty little things are just adorable... :)

Suzanne C said...

I love that this is a burlap canvas and that you have such a lovely blue shade. The bottles with the words and fillings are precious! Sweet canvas!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning canvas! Love all the texture and fabulous embellishments! Those little jars look awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!

barbarayaya62 said...

Beautiful canvas! Especially i love your little bottle and metal embellishments! Wonderful idea, the shade of blue you've used is one of my fav! BArbarayaya

butterfly said...

What a delight of a canvas... the colours are so light and delicate with just that hint of earthy burlap in the background, and I love the paint effects over the embellishments - fabulous!
Alison x

Lisa S. said...

Oh my goodness, love this canvas Meihsia. The labled bottles and wonderful embellies are awesome. Loving the colors too!!!

Buttons said...

A beautiful canvas. I love that you've left some of the background texture visible at the edges and the pink really bounces off the blue background beautifully. Jenny x

Suzanne said...

Meihsia, girl this is hot! love it

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is one of my favorite pieces you've ever created! I think I've said that before...several times, in fact...but I can't help it! You just keep coming up with these amazing creations that I want to soak and keep looking at! You've got a great artistic eye and these colors make me drool!

Maria said...

Over the top stunning! Love all pretty blue color, texture, and fab elements! A super gorgeous project...well done!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh my goodness, another stunner! The colours are beautiful, the flowers are beautiful, everything is beautiful on it! xx