Sunday, January 12, 2014

Family is Everything

Hey, my dear blog friends, hope you all had a great weekend. This week, the Simon team is busy at CHA so while they’re away we think it is time to cut loose and play! Yes! This week anything goes!

Before sharing this week's project,  we are saying good bye to our long-time team member and amazingly creative artist Candy Colwell. She has shared so much of her talent, done so many amazing creations, and commented on so many of the beautiful projects shared in our challenges – We'll all miss you, Candy!

For the project this week, I created a mixed media home decor to display on my family room bookshelf. 
I was inspired by the sentiment - Family is Everything - to create this mixed media project.  Since it's Anything Goes this week, I used many different fun mixed media elements on these two 3" X 6" chipboards.


After cutting these chipboards using Tim Holtz dies, I pasted the dry wall tape on one chipboard and crinkled tissue paper on another one. I then applied the Gesso, acrylic paints, distress paints and Gelatos on the background.


The sentiment on the first chipboard is a sticker from Little Yellow Bicycle, and I stamped some patterns and newsprints on the second chipboard.

After drying each layer with a heat tool and attaching the Prima Flower and die cut hearts, I sealed the finish with Glaze.

I really love the beautiful textures of modeling paste and crackle paint on this project.
Supply List:


Please join us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge since Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher to a random winner. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!

Thank you for dropping by my blog. Hope you all have a great week!

Meihsia ^_^



23 comments:

  1. So very pretty Meihsia! What a wonderful keepsake to treasure! Love all the stamping and the crackled detail! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meihsia, I always love your use of colour on your pieces and the colours are stunning on this piece. Love the texture and detail . Gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty Meihsia! Love your houses with the fun windows, great textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love all of the texture! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Miss Meihsia, both of these canvas are gorgeous, I love the tape and tissue I can't wait to try that,thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO very creative! Love the soft tones and the lovely pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! I like that you told where you picked inspiration from, in this case the sentiment. I can pick inspiration from lots of sources, a DP, a color , an image, a sketch, others works, different challenge blogs....It all depends!
    I like the textured look and crackled effect of your pieces, lovely work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful! Perfect for your home deco! Your MM work always inspired me... absolutely beautiful!... hugs....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you mix so many different products, with totally different styles! But the result is fantastic! ! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Meihsia, I love it! The texture is so yummy! Love the pink with the yellow touches! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool mixed media piece! I love the bright & sunny palette you chose :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your challenge piece is so sweet. I love the colors and your design. You always inspire me with your feminine art, soft colors and beautiful execution of work. Thank you so much for your always sweet comments. It was such a pleasure to be on the Design Team with you. I wish you continued success on the DT as you continue to inspire! Love, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! this is so unique beautiful and impressive!
    Thank You for sharing all your techniques with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Family is everything!!! Love the window cut outs and the crackle is fabulous! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous! I really like how you gave just a "hint" of a home with all of the little windows, etc. You're always such an artistic visionary! Once again, I'm both impressed and inspired by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What fabulous projects! Love all the texture and detail! Wonderful inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, wow! Just look at those fabulous textures (double wow for the crackle!) and such funky colours - these must look amazing up on your shelves. Beautiful, Meihsia!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wOOw, wOOw, wOOw!!! These panels are stunning! Beautiful mixed media art, truly gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the 2 different textures you achieved for the background, especially the one with the dry wall tape. That's really clever. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous bright pretty colors and texture! I love how the light shines through the windows and doors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow this is just so beautifully creative. Love the softness of the designs and its great mixed media techniques.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been a bit behind in commenting recently, as I've been really busy and I've missed your lovely work. This is so beautiful. The textures are fabulous, the colour superb and the sentiment is perfect. One of my most precious possessions is my family. Isn't it great to be able to celebrate what we care about with Art? Thank you for all the inspiration you continue to give. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete