Sunday, January 19, 2014

A is for Air Brush

Hi, my dear blog friends. hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We had such a fun Anything Goes challenge last week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and I was impressed by all your great creativity and beautiful projects.

This week, we are having an alphabet inspired challenge. "A is for ? " Will you use product from American Crafts? Create a whole album? An Assemblage? Use Adhesives in a special way? Whatever your take – this week we are all about the letter A.

I was inspired to create the background patterns on a scrapbook layout using an Air Brush system by Copic Marker.  In the picture of this layout, Natalie was so happy holding two big sweet strawberries which was her favorite fruit.


I had so much fun when the first time I played with Copic Marker Air Brush System last year in the Copic Certification class. Since then I love to use it to create the grafitti effect on my art journal pages.

This week I decided to use the Air Brush System, Copic Markers, and Heidi Swapp Heart Cluster Stencil to create the background pattern on this layout.


After spraying the Color Shine over the stencil, I used art daubers to apply the pigment inks on those hearts. I then traced the outline of those hearts with American Crafts Precision Marker.



To make the dimension on these hearts, I used the air brush to apply different shades of Copic Markers. 


I just love the gorgeous Prima Flowers and the Say It in Crystals gems. 


Keep layering the patterned papers and embellishments to make my layout more interesting. 


Supply List:


Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You might also be on our Friday Designer Spotlight. Good luck!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Meihsia ^_^



27 comments:

  1. Hi Meihsia! This is amazing, so many fabulous techniques. My brain is buzzing with ideas and I am really going to try to join in again this week for the letter A. Oh yes, Natalie looks delighted with her strawberries: they have always been my favourite fruit too! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Meihsia, gorgeous layout, Natalie looks fabulous in the middle, beautiful colors, the airbrush is way kool, I love it, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.. Two Magpies in a row LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming layout! The colors pop and yet have such a lovely soft effect with the copic airbrush. Sweet picture of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout! It's so beautiful! :)
    I've never used a copic airbrush, but I love the look of it. maybe *one day* I can get one. :) (right now my copic collection consists of one marker.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous air brushing technique. I love the fresh pop of colour and your fresh cheery design. You have showcased the photograph beautifully. And my word those strawberries look huge lol. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really awesome layout. Love the photo and beautiful coloring. So cute!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout for a gorgeous young lady! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so bright and lovely! G-O-R-G-E-U-O-S!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning page! The airbrushing is absolutely stunning!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful page! Love the soft coloring with the air brush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a gorgeous layout! I love the burst of color and your airbrushed detail! Thank you for the inspiration! I need to dust mine off and play :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW!!!Meihsia! This is amazing!! The colors is beautiful!....These techniques are great and fabulous!!! You rock girlfriend!...Love this layout so beautiful! You are simply talented!.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Meihsia,
    Fabulous layout, the copic airbrush makes such a difference to the page, creating a beautiful soft feel and your simple but colourful design is magical.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Has to be a favorite! IT's simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic page Meihsia..the airbrushed hearts are fabulous and I love the photo and details...gorgeous layout.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous layout and that airbrushing is so effective. Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! your works are always so joyful! It 's always a nice time when I come look at your blog! A breath of fresh air and sparkling! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the airbrushing - gives such an amazing effect - and I love the scribbled outline of the hearts too. This is such an uplifting piece, from the delightful photo to all the light, bright hearts and flowers - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh wow Meihsia! This is such an amazing layout! Love the airbrushing and the hearts look amazing. Love the vibrant colors too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fantastic Meihsia! The colours are so happy and vibrant and the hearts are stunning. What a cool airbrush technique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this is utterly gorgeous, Meihsia! LOVE the air brush look, and your palette is so bold, bright, and happy! I just bought that same heart template and couldn't love it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is soooooooooooo pretty! So eye-catching and neat looking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! Tis is just so pretty. Love your colors and all the pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Stunning layout with amazing color! Sweet photo of your girl! And, love all those sweet hearts! I take copic classes in March, so hopefully I can play with the airbrush, too!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WHOA! This is phenomenal! I have never even heard of this airbrush system, but you are clearly a master at it! I was so inspired when I saw what you did with the colors and the shading. A lovely creation, as always, that's full of amazing techniques and vibrant energy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! I just love the bursts of colors, texture and imagery in all your scrapbook layouts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm always learning something new on your blog and being inspired by your talent. Stunning colors on this project and that airbrush technique ... so cool. Thanks for sharing this!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete