Sunday, December 29, 2013

Glittered Mixed Media Altered Frame

Hello, my dear blog friends, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I've been very busy lately besides holidays, I plan to remodel my craft room since it seems smaller and smaller after two years. My husband and I've looked lots of ideas in different stores and hopefully will decide what in my craft room is going to be changed soon. 

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week, we are sharing ideas inspired by a glittering New Year. I altered a chipboard frame with mixed media elements and various colors of glitters. http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=199868&u=865514&m=24698&urllink=&afftrack=

Glitter adds so much fun and special touch on many of my creations.


I started this project with a chipboard frame and applied the Gesso, modeling paste and distress paints on the background. The stencil and sequin waste were used with modeling paste to make the textures. 



I love different colors and shades of Wow Extra Fine Glitter. The shaker/pour removable lid is very easy to use and helps to control the amount of glitter you want to add on the project. 




After creating textures and adding mixed media elements and Prima trinkets on the background of this frame, I applied a thin layer of Glaze then sprinkled the glitter on it. Love the gorgeous finished look with those beautiful glitters. 
    
Supply List:

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=199868&u=865514&m=24698&urllink=&afftrack=

I really appreciate that you stop by and hope you all have a wonderful new year holidays. Please hop over all our designers to see what they have created for you this week.  Happy crafting! 

Meihsia ^_^



26 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just so stunning and creative. It will look awesome with a black and white photo in it.
    {I would love you to take part in my 300,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! I really like the single color with many shades! A really great job and a wonderful tutorial! I wish you a wonderful 2014! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your frame is so pretty! I love the colors and your subtle use of glitter to enhance an already gorgeous frame. The colors and texture are amazing. I love the addition of the Prima Trinkets and how you colored them as well. Here's to an inspirational 2014! Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!!!! Love this!
    Happy New Year~! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is beautiful! I love the texture and the colors are fabulous. A beautiful glittery frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO lovely!!! Beautiful texture and color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous frame!! Great color and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous full-on texture and such delicate subtle colours - what a combination!
    Hope you're enjoying your Christmas time, and wishing you a wonderful 2014!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Meihsia..gorgeous colours and love the textures and flowers..gorgeous.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy & Healthy New Year 2014

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Meihsia
    Happy New Year my friend, I am so looking forward to the continuance of your creativity and my on going inspiration from you.
    Your Frame has all the ingredients I love on a piece of Art; the texture and paints, the palette and embellishments, all make my face break out into a huge smile.
    The Frame is just gorgeous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Altered art is where I started getting into art. I enjoy working
    with papercrafts. That is a nice a nice frame. Thanks foe sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is just beautiful! You can make anything look super! LOVE your artistic style my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Love the texture and rich color. Happy New Year, Meihsia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous frame Meihsia! Love all the texture and pretty color palette! I hope you and your loved ones have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is amazing, Meihsia! Love the colorful glittery frame! Have a happy new year! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Meihsia!!! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!!! Love this altered MM frame...It is so beautiful and so magical!!! You are amazing! Happy New Year !!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am beginning to used some mixed media because of work that you do. It is just so beautiful and makes people want to do what you do. I want to extend Multiplied Blessings including Peace, Prosperity and Health to your whole household in 2014.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fantatstic frame, I wouldn't mind having this one on display in my home!
    Wishing you all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is outstanding - I should have left you a comment but I have kept it on my computer so I can give it a go!!!!
    Happy New Year Pretty Lady!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colors you used Meihsia, this is really gorgeous. You always inspire me and just want to thank you for that inspiration. :) Hope 2014 is a bright and wonderful year for you and good luck with the craft room update!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yummy beautiful texture colors and shimmer! Fabulous! Lovely design! Happy New Year! A blessed and happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous altered frame! Love the colours, glitter and embellishments you used. Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to seeing all the things you will create in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! Incredibly beautiful!
    Happy New Year Meihsia and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I'm going to have to second what Sue said! You were such an incredible inspiration to me in 2013 and I cannot wait for this year's creative boosts!
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are always the Queen of Texture and make projects with such amazing layers. This is stunning, as usual!

    ReplyDelete