Sunday, December 1, 2013

Be Brave, Be Bold

Hi, my dear blog friends, hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. Oh...I can't believe the December is already here. This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we want to challenge you create something with a flourish.

Whether you add a fancy swirl, or simply give your project a little extra pizazz this week we invite you to join us in the challenge.

I was inpsired to create a mixed media project on a burlap canvas using flourish die cuts.
I love everything with shabby chic style and to me the flourish is a must have for this style.
This week I was inspired to make a cheerful mixed media burlap canvas using many beautiful Bo Bunny flowers and Tim Holtz die cut flourishes with a bright color scheme on it.
The sentiments on the stickers and lightbulb were very cheerful so I decided to attach them on this canvas.

I also applied some Gesso on the background, flowers and embellishments.
The die cut flourish was colored with distress paint and the edges were distressed with pigment ink pad.


Supply List:




Please join us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. As always, Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. We'd also love to see your work on our Designer Spotlgith on our Friday Post.

I really appreciate that you visit my blog and hope you all enjoy the beautiful December days.

Happy crafting!

Meihsia ^_^





23 comments:

  1. Hi, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the details and enjoy looking at the close-ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just packed with gorgeousness. So love the wonderful shabby chic feel with the lace and flowers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. 整個色調好亮眼喔!好好看!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 哇!!看了这么美的作品精神都来了~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is layered full of such wonderful dimension and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stunning Meihsia...yellow being my favourite colour I have fallen in love..gorgeous flowers and love the tiny lighbulb and bird cage, just love it all..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Meihsia
    Sunny Yellow.... Shabby Chic.....Mixed Media... all the elements that make me salivate!
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, the card relates such happiness, I love it, it is very pleasing to my eye.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Meihsia! This is gorgeous! Like a ray of sunshine! Love the embossed background and beautiful blossoms! Love the gorgeous flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh wow, Meihsia! This is such a beauty! Love the bulky flowers and the lace. Really pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! The yellow is such a happy color. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece is so lovely! It made me feel like sunshine and happiness even as the snowflakes are flying outside my window! You have such a gift of seeing the positive and beautiful things in this world and translating that into art. Your blog and your creativity always make me feel happy, so thanks for sharing such stunning things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a real ray of sunshine. The colours are so striking and I absolutely love the sentiment. Absolutely stunning piece as are those flowers. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your style is always so feminine with soft colors and beautiful designs. I love your burlap canvas. You've taken something that I always think of as being more of a "grunge" thing and you've managed to make it look shabby chic and gorgeous! I love the soft yellow and the beautiful flowers you've combined here. The rays embossing folder is a great idea for the upper corner that you've then embellished with that gorgeous flourish! Love the whole project! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation!! I just LOVE the big blooms! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and absolutely wonderful colors! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yellow! I love yellow! It's a color that makes me happy and I'm thinking optimism and positivity! How refreshing - it really stands out from the crowd of Christmas makes. Love how you arranged the lace and flowers, lots of interesting details so beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always forget to use yellow and this is a reminder of how beautiful it can be! Stunning! Love the shabby chic effect with the touch of white on the yellow. Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! I LOVE all the yellow, the flowers, flourishes and sentiment. Such a happy project!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous Meihsia! I love the warm yellows and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant shabby chic make... the distressing on the flourish itself is so yummy, and I love the golden sunshine colours of the flowers - beautiful, Meihsia!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! This project is nothing short of spectacular! Oh my, I love everything about it, from the bright, beautiful colors to the fun embellies. And, the design is magnificent--very balanced and inviting. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this to bits!

    ReplyDelete