Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy Journal

Hey, friends!

Can't believe 2014 is almost here. I start organizing my craft room (again ^_^ ) and try making something out of those scraps and embellishments I thought probably I wouldn't use anymore. Today, I'd like to share a simple journal and a calendar I made using those random stuff in my craft room.

The papers I used here in my journal are from Studio Calico Here + There collection. I love the beautiful drawings and colors in this collection.



I've added a layer of transparency (that I bought at local office supply store) both on the front cover and back to protect the journal, and a layer of vellum on the front cover for the letters and flower embellishments.



The inside pages are random shapes and patterns. I also attached some watercolor papers for mixed media works.



The second project here is a calendar contains 12 3" X 6" tags I made using Crate Paper Fourteen collection. I also used the transparency and vellum on the covers and many left over embellishments from my other projects to decorate each page. 


The 12 months calendar was printed out from the MS Word on the vellum, cut into 12 pieces according to the month, and paste on each tag. 




I've included most of the supplies I used on these two creations. Check here:


I am so happy to use these scraps and hopefully will make some more projects. Hope you are inspired and make something for the coming new year as well!

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! 

Meihsia ^_^





8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! You make random stuff look really not random at all and actually fabulous, I'm especially loving that mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic project Meihsia..love your journal and just love your calendar tags...gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful these things are, Meihsia... Calendar is so pretty - do you sell it? LMK!
    Have an awesome day...
    Hugs, Sanja

    sanja.grdinic@ri.t-com.hr

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW... Loving both Journal and 2014 calendar.... Both are gorgeous... Loving the freshness!!! and gosh full of yummy goodness!... Definitely cheer me up!.... Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my dear Miss Meihsia, I loooove your using all your bits and bobs hanging around and look at the gorgeous journal you created, it's full of wonderful pages, then a calender fantastic.
    It has inspired me, with my new goodies and my scraps I'm going to start jounrnaling, well after the Christmas stuff is done :O), those 2 projects you made would make great gifts, no cost and lots of love, what could be better my dear, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both~~How sweet and elegent they are! Thanks for your great idea for the tag calendar. Can't wait to make one of mine~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! <3! <3!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 為什麼可以這麼可愛呢??看了也好想做一個Tag月曆喔!

    ReplyDelete