Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

I have enjoyed creating this mixed media canvas so much using the October Pumpkin Latte Mixed Media Kit from The Paper Bakery. So today I'd like to share the canvas and the tutorial video with you.

There are unlimited possibilities to combine all the materials in this fun kit and use different techniques to create a mixed media project.
Usually it is important to have enough drying time between layers when creating mixd media projects. To speed up the process in this video, I used the heat tool to dry the mediums on each layer.

During the creative process, there might be something unexpected such as the way the watercolor flows. It is the fun part of creating mixed media projects - experiment and enjoy!



This 9" X 12" canvas is included in the kit and I love the beautiful colors of the oil pastel. You can use the stencils and stickers to make these pretty textures.

I'd love to share my project at AED and PPF since I've missed the fun for a long time.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Meihsia ^_^




13 comments:

  1. What a pretty canvas!!!!!!!!! Love everything about it....super sweet! Wonderful tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed the video Meihsia and what a wonderful project...love the colours and textures and different elements...fabulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, lovely textures too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a running layout !! Love the size too !! Thanks for sharing the video!! Awesome .. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the video and your canvas is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious textures and so delicately tinted - this is a delight of a canvas, Meihsia!

    Sorry I haven't been around much. The big move (clearing and moving out of the family home of 40 years) knocked me out, but I'm looking forward to some proper catching up over the next days and weeks.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the video.
    Amazing how you make it look easy.
    Maybe someday I venture to try messing with paints ... lol
    Good week for you Meihsia!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your video was great and so inspiring. I loved seeing what you did. Beautiful results. Darling little girl. Really makes this a great canvas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Miss Meihsia , I'm so excited to see you did video's it was great, I have subscribe to you you tube channel,I'll watch the rest later after swimming,it's a gorgeous canvas, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is very pretty... i love the softness of it all. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous - I love the simplicity and the word Cherish

    ReplyDelete