Sunday, October 6, 2013

Love - Inspired by Tammy Tutterow

Hi, my blog friends, did you enjoy your weekend? We had a cool weather even some rain last week here in Dallas. This is really the best season to go out and play. I love reading outdoor or jogging while kids were playing tennis.

This week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge,  if you’ve ever visited Tammy Tutterow’s blog, then you will love her amazing projects and intensely wonderful tutorials on Tuesdays. We are so happy to have Tammy join us and inspire us with her gorgeous creations this week.  We would love you to make a project that is inspired by one of Tammy's tutorials or projects and join in the fun!

I love to use melting pot and UTEE. After reading Tammy's Tuesday Tutorial: Melt Art Tissue Wrap Jeweled Leaves,  I decided to make a home decor featuring the melting technique.

Pin It

I found this 15" X 6" chip decor at local craft store and it's just the right size to hang on the wall in front to my craft desk. To start this project, I covered the chipboard with a layer of Gesso.

To feature the beautiful effect of melted UTEE on this chip decor, I applied various medias such as Modeling Paste, Sparys, Gelatos, and Acrylic Paints with orange color scheme on the background, then I covered the surface with UTEE and heated it with heat tool. This color scheme represents autum - my favorite season. :)


Being inspired by Tammy's tutorial, I randomly dabbed the Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint on melted UTEE, and I love the beautiful texture and shiny result.
 

There are some die cut embellishments attached on the chipboard. I used the same techniques to make the textures and colors on those embellishments to match the background. 
 

The Prima flower was covered by UTEE and I love the gorgeous ceramic look of the flower.  



Supply List:
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher  goes to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. So please be sure to make something fun and join us for this weeks challenge. You might also be the spotlight winner on our Firday post.
I really appreciate that you stop by. Please check Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge to see what our talented design team members have created for this weeks challenge.  Hope you are inspired and have fun.  Happy crafting!
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 
 

38 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic and so creative!
    I love how your mind works Meihsia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 天啊 也太美了吧
    我喜歡妳做這種混合媒材的作品呦 超愛的
    偶像

    ReplyDelete
  3. meishia.......

    love this soooooo much!! <3
    especially the colors!!

    (SPC blog hop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 我喜歡那個燈泡,擺得真好~

    ReplyDelete
  5. 哇~望塵莫及啊~
    SPC Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC Meihsia...I love the step by step and the finished results are stunning..love all the elements and beautiful colours...GORGEOUS..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 挂在家里装饰一定美极了!!只能欣赏摸不着的等级啊~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing creation! Very creative Meihsia!!! Love it... as always ...very inspiring !!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love your design and the really neat effect you got with the UTEE covering everything. Your colors on this piece are lovely. Love all of the die cut embellishments that you've so beautifully blended into the overall design. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWSERS!!!!! So loving how this came out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible... Really good work, Meihsia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful home decor piece, absolutely love all the wonderful layers and fantastic dimension. I just want to reach out and touch this piece. Love the heart and butterfly and your wonderful design. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great home dec piece. And a really interesting way of using UTEE.

    Happy creating!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This piece is beyond amazing! Absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for being a part of this challenge! I am so flattered and inspired by the art that you and the team created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 真的是純欣賞的作品啊!雖然無法和Miu一樣完成那麼棒的作品 但還是很喜歡看你對作品的步驟解說喔 社團裡有老大真好!

    PS:我好像第一次在你的blogger留言耶!以前留在痞客幫較多
    (SPC BLOG HOP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! I'd love to OWN this, so beautiful, I love the way you applied Tammy's technique :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Meihsia, this is amazing! Love the textures and colours of your altered word and all the embellishments. Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Autumn décor! The details make this so interesting. And the textures and dimension make me want to reach out and touch it. Awesome project, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Meihsia
    This looks absolutely wonderful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic piece of home decor art. Love how you've used Tammy's technique to create this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. 感謝老大總是給我們許多的啟發,SPC blog hop來參觀

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowza! What a work of art! I love all the texture and beautiful mix of colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are an absolute magician when it comes to transforming things from boring to amazing! I am always stunned when I see the beginning of your project and compare it to the end. You have such vision to see what things can become. You've done it yet again with another incredible creation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow~~~wow~~~wow!!
    每次老大都把顏料,素材,表現得讓人驚訝^^
    這個風格.....就是我ㄉ菜呀~~哈哈哈!!

    SPC BLOG HOP來訪

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVELY!!! I am going to check that out on Tammy's blog. The link on the SSS blog does not work, though, don't know whether the one here works OK. I googled on it to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You forgot to mention how beautiful that would look in my new house!! ;) I'm kidding, but as it says, I do LOVE this!! The steampunk love is perfection. :)
    You are always up to something sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  27. 好喜歡老大的創意,SPC blog hop,來你家坐坐

    ReplyDelete
  28. Steampunk!!! Love the look of it!!! But it sort of terrifies me to give it a go as I have no clue as where to begin making anything steampunky!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh I love this chunky piece of art Meihsia. Gorgeous bejewelled and decorated. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  30. The textured effect of the UTEE is wow! Love the crackly effect and the steampunk pieces you mixed in with the warm colors. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. 最喜歡看妳的創作了,受益良多^^

    ReplyDelete
  32. I absolutely love your work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is stunning, Meihsia! Love the rough edge of it! It's a beauty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  34. 好棒的藝術,好喜愛您的作品

    ReplyDelete
  35. PINNED!!! I am blown away by you week after week, but this is my new favorite! WOW!!!! Fab metal look!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How cool is this!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE everything about this gorgeous beauty! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Meihsia, this is glorious with the autumn colors, my favorite time of year too, the texture is fabulous, love all your embellishments, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete