Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Beautiful Friday

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to share a mixed media project that I made for The Paper Bakery today.
A couple of weeks ago, Sarah Hill invited me to join The Paper Bakery as a Mixed Media Expert - hehe... what a cool title. I was so happy to join this wonderful design team and here is my first layout.
 
I used the October Mixed Media Kit which will be revealed in the mid of October to make this 12" X 12" layout.
I layered the pretty patterned papers and added some cute embellishments. Love the photo of sunset that I took. To match the beautiful sky in the photo, I distressed the edges of the layout with PanPastel.

 
The fall themed stencils and the colors of the oil pastels in the kit are just so gorgeous.
 
 
Mixed Media Tip: Apply the PanPastel using Art Dauber with circular motion on the edges of the cardstock, you can achieve this beautiful distressed effect.
 

 
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this project and are inspired to create. For more information or inspiration, please check The Paper Bakery.

Happy crafting!
 
 Meihsia ^_^
 


 

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome LO. Totally inspired to see your mixed media art every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 真是太美了!!^^好喜歡MIU的複合媒材創作!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning page Meihsia!... WOWZER alright!... Love it...totally!... Very inspiring indeed... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white with the dashes of color and texture. So serene and elegant.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I commented on the facebook page, too, but this really is a gorgeous layout!
    Glad you are on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear MIU,
    So sorry I just fixed my computer then found I miss the "SPC Blog Hop",just leave my new blog address at FB, and I will still visit other number's. Please don't put me in the bad member List, thank you. Love your works so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love your mm style.....you rock girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOPPS, blogger lost my comment. Congratulation, and your are a GREAT Mixed Media Expert, I learn new things every time I visit... I love the torn scraps of paper, behind your gorgeous photo, I looooove the scene you created, its too much, so creative, love all the hanging threads,great tips, fantastic scrap page thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete