Sunday, September 15, 2013

Be Creative Everyday

stamptemberrblog-banner
 
Hello, my dear friends in blogland, so glad you are back. This month at Simon Says Stamp Blog, we have lots of events, inspirations and blog hops so please join us for the fun STAMPtember® !

On the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog this week, we challenge you do the experiment - you sure can stamp on plain white cardstock but what else can you stamp on? Fabric, vellum, patterned paper, canvas, and wood are just a few examples! Grab a stamp and show us what surface you choose for your project.
 
After receiving the Surfacez ink pads, the new multi-surface inks, from Clearsnap I have tried them on plastic, glass, metal, shrink film, and I am very happy with the result. Surfacez is a solvent ink pad that works on mulitple surfaces, dries quickly, and it is permanent once dry. I always love to try new materials and products so I have to stamp on as many different surfaces as I can. It's reall fun!

So on this project, I decided to use Surfacez ink on fabric, wood, canvas, button and ribbon. To decorate the cover of this Heidi Swapp Wood Album, I first applied Gesso on the cover and pasted a piece of patterned paper from Prima. The background was colored with Gelatos and all the cavas embellishments were colored with Gelatos and Heidi Swapp Color Shine.

I stamped the Surfacez inks on canvas and ribbon in Scarlet color, on prima flower in Caribbean and safari color, on button in black color, and on wood cloth pin in Berry color. They all look wonderful!
The stamp I used here on this project were Tim Holtz cling rubber stamp, Simon Says clear stamp and Glitz clear stamp.
Pin It
My suggestion for the best result when using Surfacez Ink on these surfaces is appling a thin layer of Gesso before stamping if it is needed.

Oh, and don't be afraid of trying these multi-surface permanent inks becuase you can always clean it with Surfacez Cleaner. Surfacez cleaner is made to clean the Surfacez ink from stamps and any other solvent or water based inks as well.
 
Supply List:
Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry so be sure to play along with us for this week's challenge. We would aslo like to see your project being featured on our Friday Desinger Spotlight.
 
I really appreciate that you stop by. Have an awesome day!!

Meihsia  :)



 

25 comments:

  1. Your work is so distinctive. I love the soft colors that you use and the sweet bunches of flowers that you add to your work. This one with the little canvas banner and then added buttons and other little embellishments is so sweet. Love the black stamping and accents on the edges. Beautiful! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I always love your use of colour, so fresh and funky. Love your flowers and design. The banner is such a lovely addition and the black stamping adds a bold touch. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing with its combination of textures and colors! Great work as always, Meihsia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, Meihsia! I love how you incoporarated bright colors and fun elements. Like that banner!! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is gorgeous!! Love all the canvas embellishments!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work,love all the different elements you have brought together on your cover.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous project. I can't wait to see what I can stamp on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I love all the texture and distressing. It's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cover album Meihsia!!!! Amazing work!!! This is outstanding!!! great texture!!!! Such an inspiration!!!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous album Meihsia! Love all the different textures and the wonderful colours. Love all the flowers and canvas elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the amazing detail here Meihsia and those colours make me ask oh why has summer gone away. This is beautifully sunny. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Meihsia! I love the vibrant color scheme and your attention to detail! The little banner is darling! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, girl! LOVE all that amazing texture and color! So much eye candy ;).

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUMMY! I love the random sprinkling of embellishments and how they all come together in a beautiful beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love this album cover and all the different elements you stamped on! The colors are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another BRILLIANT post Miss Meihsia, make you want to get every one of those products,when I get a chance I will be playing with my gelatos, you have used them brilliantly on your project, all that layering is fabulous, it would be amazing watching you create, video in the future maybe :O), thanks for sharing all your creativity with us.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meihsia -- this such a fab project! I've collected some canvas elements and was thinking about different ways to stamp on them. Great ideas here!! And the wooden album cover is gorgeous. I love the colors you used and all the layers that have been added (including the clothes pin :)). Such a fun make! -- Thanks for all the ideas. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are such a master at color and mixing artistic elements in a whimsical yet sophisticated way. You've never made anything that I haven't absolutely adored and I always appreciate the inspiration. I admire you and your artwork so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So delicious, Meihsia - the Surfacez inks sound very cool, and you've shown them off beautifully! Love the canvas bunting, and the layered circles are lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of your most stunning pieces yet. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS cover...love the brights and the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOOO beautiful! I love the colors and the gorgeous textures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning, I love the texture of the fabrics and the bright sunny colours and layout look gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh WOW, right up my alley.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete