Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tag with Gelatos

Hello, blog friends, I'd like to share a tag I made for Faber-Castell
with some quick steps and fun techniques. I love the water color effect that
Gelatos made and they even made beautiful result on seam binding ribbon.

Here is how I made this colorful tag with Gelatos and PITT Big Brush Pens.

Apply various colors of Gelataos on to the craft sheet and mist the colors
with water. Press the tag onto the colors then dry it with a heat tool.


Add the images on the tag using PITT artist pen in Black and clear stamps.
 
Color the edges of the tag and images with PITT Big Brush Pens. Randomly
add some more texture and interest using Dabber and Gelatos. Apply some
Glaze on the image to make the shining effect.
 
Apply various colors of Gelatos on the craft sheet, mist with water, and
press the Seam Binding ribbon on to the color mixture. Crinckle the
ribbon and dry it with a heat tool.
 
Here is the close up photo of the beautiful colors of Gelatos and PITT artist pens.
 
If you are interested in the supplies I used on this project, please check here.
 
I share this project at: Artist in Blogland: Show and Tell Saturday and
 
Have a wonderful day!
 
Meihsia
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love the technique with the gelatos. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented Meihsia!
    I can't wait to try and believe it or not I have a hard time find that type of ribbon!
    Thank You for sharing your creativity with us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meihsia
    Such a soft bg with the gelatos, then you pop an almost grungy heart as your focal point, it causes drama to the piece and makes it unique and original, I just love it.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job. Your colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tag!
    I love the colors!
    Congrats!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the job you made of that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the tutorial and the outcome! HPPF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is a gorgeous little tag, with so much beautiful detail and vibrant colouring. Love the city scape at the bottom.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful tag! I must admit, I've never heard of Gelatos but they look lovely to work with. Love the text too. I've popped over from PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is absolutely lovely! I love the colours and teh techniques you used. And I really like the quote as well! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. Love the techniques. Need some new toys now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooove my gelatos, I will have to try this tech, gorgeous tag you have created, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the creative process you shared Meihsia. Your tag is fabulous and the cheerful colors are perfect. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete