Sunday, June 23, 2013

Be You

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hello, my blog friends. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Today, I'd like to
share my first project for Simon Says Stamp and Show and I am so excited.
 Our talented team member Dan has suggested both stripes and plaid challenges
so we want to see your project that is inspired by stripes or plaid, or use striped
(or plaid) paper or product on your crafting project.

 For my take on this challenge, I made this layout for Christopher's school open
 house day using Bo Bunny Weekend Market paper collection which I think is
perfect for a boy layout. I first sprayed the background using the Tim Holtz gear
die cuts as stencil with ColorShine.

Then I added the stripes patterned paper and some cut outs from the
Weekend Market collection. After sewing and placing threads,
I decorated this layout with some more Tim Holtz metal embellishments
and Prima flowers
 To make it more interesting, I stamped some text randomly on the background. 


I hope you can join us and share your creation that inspired by stripes or plaid at
Simon Says Stamp and Show with us.  You might be the lucky winner of a
$50 dollar store voucher to be used in the Simon Says Stamp Superstore.
 
 
Supply List:
I really appreciate that you stop by. Hope you have a wonderful day!
 
Meihsia
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. What a cutie! The white really makes everything really pop! Love the striped paper you choose and all the embellies and goodies are perfection! SOOOOO happy to have you join our DT Meihsia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page in cool blue! Thanks for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Meihsia!!
    I like it soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page,fab photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meihsia...What a way to start out with Simon Says Stamp and Show! Congrats again and welcome to the team! This layout is so pretty. I really love the composition of this...the white background and all of that gorgeous color, pattern, layers and adorable photo in the center. You've done such a beautiful job with this. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super lay-out! I love the fresh, zingy colours. Everything about it, including the lovely photo suggests possibilities and new beginnings. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout!
    Love all the texture!
    Wee done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Love all the little accents you added like the sewing, pen nib, Rick rack...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meihsia this is such a fabulous start with Simon Says. Your layout is gorgeous and I love how you used the gears as a stencil. Love the added pen nib and the wonderful papers. Wonderful colours and design. Perfect way to,showcase your lovely photo. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous layout!! I'm loving the ric rac in the middle :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! SO happy to have you on the team with us! The little circles in the background drew my eye! Lovely mix of colors and design! The picture is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous LO! Love your color choices and all those wonderful touches with the embellishments. Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a fantastic layout, love the background you created those lovely embellishments the buckle, the nib with the fibers is fabulous and the gorgeous subject, fantastic job for Simone says thanks fro sharing and have a wonderful day Meihsia....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all the layers and textures here, Meihsia, especially that fabulous, mixed-media background. So much to love, and such a great guy palette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't do scrapbooks, but I sure like this mixed media pages with all the rich layers. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello dear
    sorry for the disappearance, was traveling with my daughter (we went to Disney ... lol) and I got desdeque could not put things in order.
    soon everything will return to normal, God willing!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layout is absolutely lovely, Meihsia - a wonderful SSSaS debut piece! I love the colours - blue & brown is my favourite combo - and the composition is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Meihsia, this layout is really beautiful! Love the color blue en yellow combo! And all the stitching! What a wonderful first project! So happy that you've joined our DT! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome to the team!!! I am in love with this and can't wait to see all of the amazing things I know you will create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow this is just so beautiful, a little work of art. So love the layering of all the beautiful elements.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete