Tuesday, May 21, 2013

WOYWW - Doodling

Hello, my friends, happy WOYWW!! Let's hop around different
workdesks around the world. I've been playing colors and making
some coasters these days and these are the markers, brushes and some
projects I am working on currently on my work desk.
 
Here are some steps to show you how I made this project
First, I cut the linen canvas paper into a 4" circle, drew an elephant using a pencil. Colored the image and background with Gelatos®.

Covered the image and background with a thin layer of Gesso to make the colors softer.

Stamped randomly on the background with the text stamp.

Drew some lines to make the image more interesting.

The final step is covering the front and back of the coaster with Glaze. I did it twice to make sure the coaster is totally sealed and waterproof.

Made another fun and cute coaster here using the same technique and products.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great WOYWW!!

Meihsia







20 comments:

  1. Love that crayon and its effects, lovely projects going on
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. great coasters! happy woyww Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meisha! I love those coasters, they are so cute and so effective. Happy WOYWW xxx#58

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meisha
    what great coasters I will be looking back to see these finished, a great project
    Sending hugs on this WOYWW have a great day
    Ria #24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images and colouring effects.
    Diane#30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those coasters are so cute! Happy WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little coasters, nice colouring. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute coasters and perfect for summer in Texas!
    Monica 103

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great doodling and fantastic coasters! Happy WOYWW Cindy #95

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous, Meihsia - can't wait to see what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! LOVE the colors. Your talent is remarkable. Thanks for sharing. SueC#129

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it ... beautiful pets!
    I LOVE elephants!
    I make Collection and have many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, here's the thing, first I am apologizing for not having been around, but I have been uber busy and now I am going to have the audacity to ask you to do a favor for me ( shakes head, I'm shameless ) But I am in a contest and sad to say but it's the truth, it's a popularity vote, so here's the favor...would you be so kind to go over and vote for me? I sure would appreciate it from the bottom of my pitiful heart! lol (vote for the camera, please ) (http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/ waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ #19

    ReplyDelete
  15. 好獨特的作品~素材是??水臘嗎^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. so very beautiful. love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 老大的教學總是很詳盡, 讓人一看就很清楚~~ 讚!!

    ReplyDelete