Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quick Mini Rose - WOYWW

Hello, there, happy WOYWW! I've made a layout and shared here
and in my Simply Paper Crafts Facebook group. Some friends asked
how I made the Prima style mini roses, so I'd like to share these quick
steps. Here are what currently on my desk.
I punch 5 flowers and one leaf.
Use quilling tool (or any tool with round end) to press every petal
and center on each flower.
The white pad here is packaging styorfoam.
 
 
Turn the last two pieces and press the center again using the tool.
Apply glue on each flower. 
 

Fold and press the five petals together to make the first layer of the rose.
 


Glue the second layer under the first layer. Fold and press it.
Then glue the third layer, fold and press it.  


Glue the last two layers together with those three layers I just made.



Curl all the petals of the last two layers. Glue the leaf.
Now, I have a beautiful Prima style mini rose.  Quick and easy!
 
Back to what I usually do on Tuesday and Wednsday - Project Life.
This week, I want to try something different so I make some doodling
on my journaling card. Hopefully, I could finish my spread in this week.

 
Finally, I also have an exciting news today to share:
Please join my adventure with Faber-Castell if you like.
 

Thank you for stopping by.
Hope you all have a happy WOYWW!!
 
 
Meihsia ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous tutorial Meihsia, they are just gorgeous..and you make it look so easy, now me!!...well I think I was born with too many thumbs, but I'm really going to have a go..Thanks for sharing..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers they are just beautiful thanks so much for sharing.. Congratulations on the DT I will be sure to check it out..
    Sandy :) #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing your tutorial on those cute flowers...congrats on your DT spot...Happy WOYWW...hugs kath (23) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers and a great tutorial...lots of pics to follow!
    Well done for getting on the DT. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.
    Happy WOYWW. Pam#14

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the how to on the paper roses I will be giving it a go.
    Some great journaling pages lots of bright colours

    Enjoy your WOYWW sunny day today
    Ria #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, brilliant news about the DT - well deserved, hope you really enjoy the experience. Meanwhile, I', loving your doodling..what a great skill and a fab way to enhance your PL pages. And may I say..you make the flowers look easy, no glue all over your fingers and no blood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet to throw in the mini tutorial on making the roses. I am going to do this now! They are delightful as are your other cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh I love how you did your flowers, they look incredible! Your project life...well I just love what you are doing.. looks fantastic!! Congrats on be on the Faber-Castell guest design team!! Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on joining the design team! I love the cute roses you've made. Also your PL cards looks great! I thought they were printed out wonderful doodling job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the DT position. Awesome flower tutorial. SueC#94

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have just saved a fortune for a ton of people!! LOL..Sorry Prima, but these flowers are GORGEOUS. Thank you so much Meihsia..I loved this tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going to have to try this, thank you for sharing.
    Karen #192

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for visiting me this week! SueC#94

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Meihsia
    ooohhh cute little flowers. I used to make them like that too but haven't for a while. CONGRATS re the design team too...hope you have fun doing it.
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #74

    ReplyDelete