Saturday, September 15, 2012

September Tag

This week the challenge at Our Creative Corner is
 a Sketch Challenge hosted by our talented designer Christina Barnes -
using the sketch to create an item for a male and
use a monochromatic colour scheme if you like.
 


I combined this sketch with Tim Holtz's September tag.
This tag's coverd with soft metal (Creative Metal by Walnut Hollow)



I used roller, punch and piercing tool to make texture and faux-rivet.
 

Then colored it with Adirondack alcohol ink
and rubbed it with wire brush after it's dried.
 



Please check our DT's blogs for more inspiration
about this week's challenge.

Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts

Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Paula McClane - Scrap Addicts Attic
Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
Christina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
Kim Price - Inkcognito

Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a nice weekend.
 
Meihsia

 

15 comments:

  1. WOW! This tag is a.m.a.zing! all the details.... too bad I used up the rest of my foil cleaning the stove this morning, I'd be giving this a try today otherwise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe the detail on your tag when I saw it, but I had no idea the extent to which you went to create it! Excellent pictures and tutorial for creating this mega amazing masculine cretion from the sketch. What talent you have. I have got to try this...soon!
    hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meihsia
    Love this Tag so much. You have thought well outside the box re the sketch, well done indeed because it looks amazing.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY MY MY....This tag is AWESOME!!! I LOVE all the wonderful detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meihsia, this is just amazing! I'm not sure there is anything else to say really... :) so many details and textures, it is just fantastic, and I love that you have given us a really different take on the sketch. Very inspiring!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness the best is last your tag is amazing it trully is, thanks for sharing your style and method, it has been interesting.

    Happy WOYWW sorry I am running late and it is now sunday.

    Eliza #88

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg Meihsia...this is amazing!! Those little pieces you added and the key and the words - AWESOME! I love that it's monochromatic too... yes, i would buy this. Absolutely. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag creation of yours is absolutely breathtaking. I would never have thought you could combine such masculine things (aluminium foil tape) and create such a gorgeously feminine looking tag. I love everything about it - you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meihsia this is so beautifully designed. The colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this tag! the colors, the embellishments everything! Great job! truley incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the use of all the metal on your tag, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'M IN LOVE!!! This is so gorgeous, unique, and oh yeah, did I say I loved it!!! That camera and all your metals are fabulous, and the blue is perfect!!!! This is my new favorite of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such a beautiful creation! I love, love how your put all the elements together! It is fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lookin good :) Love having a peek into the spaces of fellow crafter's! If you happen to peek in on my blog, be sure to wear a hard hat! LOL!

    ReplyDelete